Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daffo-don't!

It's been a frustrating & long Winter, to say the least. So on this glorious sunny day I was determined to do something, anything, to improve our front yard & thereby improve my mental health. Well, I accomplished neither.
With daffodils blooming all over my yard I thought, "I can make my window-box bloom if I just transplant some... a no-cost fix... instant gratification!" Wrong. As you can see, they're not happy with my clever little move. It's a pitiful, droopy display.



Is it worse to have an empty window-box or an un-happy one?

Well... at least I was able to brighten my kitchen window... Savor Spring any way you can!

2 comments:

  1. THAT is so sad! You could try your big sister's trick: silk flowers. Mix 'em in with a few real greens and "voila!" Instant Martha Stewart land. You didn't even notice those geraniums were fake mixed in with real ivy. My hanging baskets just could not hold the moisture for real ones that summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silks are great until the sun bleaches them into un-natural shades of aqua! Actually, this morning the transplants have perked up a bit... maybe it wasn't a total loss. Now I just have to remember to water!

    ReplyDelete