Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Sanctuary

An older, wiser, more in control of her life sister of mine waved her hand majestically as she referred to her Master bedroom as "the Sanctuary." Only two things should take place there, and sleep is just a bonus. Yesterday my husband referred to our bedroom as a disaster. A sea of half-unpacked suitcases, piles of laundry & linens, un-ironed frocks, and things to be mended. Just general bad housekeeping.... Did I mention the dust bunnies? Correction... French lop-eared rabbits are living under my bed. I was thoroughly embarrassed yesterday when not one, but three of my girlfriends were exposed to this scene. It smacks of a life not in order, a sacred space not being honored. Something must be done! So on this Sunday morning, after a prayer and a cup of tea, I will embark on a clutter-busting mission with a clear goal in mind. A glass of wine, dim lights, no dust... you get the picture. Tonight I'll sleep knowing that the most important room in our home is as it should be, and that our life is anything but a disaster!

- Cate

1 comment:

  1. Get on it, girl! Claim that space for you and your love!
    - Big Sister Leslie

    ReplyDelete